Updated: Dec 28, 2020
Tea is a beverage that can be prepared in different variants. There is an abundance of ways in which you can prepare tea. It is the only flavoured beverage that is brimmed with a unique flavour profile. While you can experiment with the flavours by adding different ingredients, it depends on the base profile that defines the true worth. You just need to find the right way to prepare each tea.
In this article, we are going to talk about one such unique tea that is famous for its distinctive flavours. We are talking about the smoky maple tea latte that infuses the Chinese black tea and lapsang souchong tea. This amazing tea latte has a smoky profile due to the presence of Chinese black tea. It is a simple recipe where you need to add sweet maple and creamy milk. The contrast of flavours in this tea is simply divine and worth a savour. Let’s dig in and learn more about the smoky maple tea latte.
What is Lapsang Souchong?
As mentioned earlier, smoky maple tea latte is the best way to savour lapsang souchong; first, let’s understand what it is. Lapsang Souchong is a Chinese black tea that exclusively comes from China’s Fujian Province. The origin of this tea dates back to the late 16th century. Lapsang Souchong is better known for its aroma and flavour. It gets a smoky profile with its dried tea leaves over the pinewood fire. If you are someone who doesn’t prefer the smoky flavour, then this latte might not be your cup of tea. The conversion of lapsang souchong into a latte is the major highlight of this tea. It would help if you used real maple syrup for making this amazing latte.
This latte is perfect for drinking in the morning with your breakfast or consuming it with your evening snack. Along with the amazing flavours, this latte has flushed with plenty of health benefits as well. The maple syrup has vitamin C, and antioxidants components, lapsang souchong, on the other hand, is a great source of rich minerals. In a nutshell, smoky maple tea latte is a must-have drink for you.
What Are The Benefits of Lapsang Souchong?
It is not just the flavours, this amazing Chinese tea can do wonder to your health. Here are a few health benefits you can avail from this tea:
#1 Improves Cardiovascular Health
If you are worried about cholesterol levels, then drinking lapsang souchong is helpful for you. It is a natural antioxidant that reduces the oxidation in your body and restricts the cholesterol from sticking on your blood vessels.
#2 Decreases the Inflammation
Inflammation in the body can lead to many serious issues. Nutritionists recommend lapsang souchong to combat the issues of inflammation and promote your overall health. A cup of this tea every day can maintain balance in your body.
#3 Boosts Immunity
Your immunity is the wall that safeguards you from the ailments. This tea will help in strengthening your immunity and securing your body from external attacks. With its antioxidant properties, lapsang souchong expedites the process of recovering from the illness and boosting the immunity.
#4 Lowers Caffeine Intake
If your caffeine intake is worrying you, turning to this Chinese tea is the answer for you. It has lesser to no caffeine but at the same offers you the required kick.
How To Make Smoky Maple Tea Latte?
Now that you have learned about this amazing latte, it’s time to learn how you can prepare it at home for your family. The ingredients are easily available in a household, all you need to buy is good quality lapsang souchong. You can find it on the online store; make sure to ascertain the credibility of the site you are ordering from.
Let’s get into the recipe of making smoky maple tea latte:
● Lapsang Souchong (black tea) – 1 tbsp
● Hot Water (95 degrees Celsius) – ½ cup
● Pure Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
● Milk – ¼ cup
You can keep some extra maple syrup and tea leaves for garnish. It is completely optional; you can avoid it if you want.
1. Take a tea infuser and add lapsang souchong black tea into it. You must allow it steep in hot water for at least 5 minutes. The more time you allow to steep, the better the flavour will be.
2. You can begin frothing the milk till the tea is getting prepared. A handheld frother will help you in the process. All you need to do is simmer the milk in a saucepan and froth it for 30 seconds after it gets cooled down. If you have an electric frother, you can use that as well. Don’t make the froth super fluffy; it should have a decent fluff.
3. Don’t forget to check the steeping tea. When it is done, strain the tea leaves from the water. Add pure maple syrup into it and stir the mixture properly.
4. Now, at last, top the tea with frothed milk that will create the perfect latte for you. Drizzle some more maple syrup on the top of the latte for garnishing purposes. You can also sprinkle some lapsang souchong on top of it.
That’s all you need to do to prepare the perfect cups of smoky maple tea latte. Lapsang souchong is the main ingredient in this beverage that gives a smoky texture to the tea.
The Bottom Line
Tea can be prepared in numerous ways as far as you know the right blend and ingredients. You will be surprised to know the ways simple tea can be twisted and gain an all-new avatar. Smoky maple tea latte is a perfect example of revamping a simple recipe. Lapsang Souchong is a Chinese black tea that has a smoky and earthy flavour. When it blends with the frothy milk and maple syrup, your taste buds can get a surprising treat. In this article, we have tried to cover all the essential information regarding smoky maple tea latte. You must try this recipe at home and surprise your guest with your tea expertise.
* The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information and advice is not confirmed to treat, cure or prevent any illness.