Updated: Dec 28, 2020
Tea is a refreshing beverage that people love to drink at any time of the day. When it comes to naming the best hot beverages, tea will top the list. There are different types of teas that you can try; each has distinctive benefits and flavour profile. Tea is not just a beverage, but it encompasses some great health benefits. It is a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Lemon tea is also a type of tea that is a popular form of beverage that people love to savour. By drinking a cup of lemon tea every day, you can avail an abundance of health benefits. As you know, lemon is a rich source of minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that helps in detoxifying your system. This amazing tea also helps in strengthening your immune system and lowering blood pressure. Simple lemon tea can make a significant difference to your health. All you need to do it find the right recipe to savour.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best lemon tea recipes that you must try to enhance your health and get a flavourful kick every morning. Without further ado, let’s get started.
#1 Lemon Black Tea With Cinnamon
The use of lemon in your diet is proven to be helpful in different ways. It was first started in the Asian region and gradually spread to the rest of the world. Lemon black tea is the perfect combination of health and taste that you can avail. The kick of cinnamon will significantly add to the flavour profile. Also, cinnamon has great anti-inflammatory properties that are good for your body. This tea will help in purifying your blood and give an antiviral and antibacterial effect. Take a look at the complete recipe of this amazing tea:
● Water (6Cups)
● Black Tea (1tbsp)
● Cinnamon stick
● Slice of lemon (1)
● Take a large teapot or saucepan and all the ingredients: tea leaves, lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
● Now pour hot water into the pan and put it over the burner.
● Let the water boil for a good 5 minutes, so that the flavours of all the ingredients are infused in it.
● After 5 minutes, take the pan off the gas stove and set aside.
● Strain the tea and serve it hot. You can also garnish your tea with a lemon slice.
Note: You can also serve this tea cool by adding ice cubes into it and making lemon iced tea.
#2 Russian Black Tea
The best thing about this Russian tea is that it has a stronger flavour and aroma profile that makes its distinctive from the others. Generally, it is made stronger to give a bold profile to it. It is prepared with samovar, which is a major attraction of this tea. A samovar is a metal container that was used in ancient Russia to boil water. It is said that it gave a rich texture and flavour to the teas back in that era. The legacy of samovars was taken forward when Russians started using the modernized version of it. In the absence of samovar, you can use a regular teapot as well. Here is the recipe of preparing your cup of hot Russian Black Tea:
● Water (3 Cups)
● Black Tea
● Lemon wedges (12)
● Take a samovar or teapot and pour water into it.
● Let the water get a little warm before adding the ingredients.
● Add tea leaves into the pot and let the water boil it for 4-5 minutes.
● Take it off the stove and strain the tea.
● Place lemon wedges into the cup, now fill half of the cup with tea and half with warm water.
● You can also add sugar or honey for taste.
Note: Drinking this tea without any sweetening agent is the right way to consume it.
#3 The Sulaimani
A post-lunch beverage all the way from the Malabar region in India, Sulaimani gives a refreshing kick to your taste buds and your digestive system as well. People love to drink this tea after lunch in order to get good digestion. Over the years, the Sulaimani has gone through plenty of transformations and been flavoured with different ingredients. You can also try to experiment with this beverage, once you understand its basics. Take a look at how you can prepare the Sulaimani tea at home:
● Water (6cups)
● Black tea (2tbsp0
● Cardamom (4pods)
● Lime juice (4tbsp)
● Cinnamon (2 sticks)
● Saffron (few strands)
● Start by crushing the cinnamon and cardamom in a mortar and pestle.
● Now take a teapot and put water to heat. Add the crushed cinnamon and cardamom into it.
● When the water boils, pour the mixture over the tea leaves and steep for at least one minute.
● Add saffron strands and lemon juice and give a nice stir to the tea.
● Pour the fragrant tea into cups and add honey or sugar for taste.
Note: There are different flavouring agents that you can use instead of saffron, cinnamon and cardamom.
The Bottom Line
Tea has moved beyond just being a beverage to humans. People not only enjoy the magnificent taste of the tea but are also aware of its amazing health benefits. So, yes, there is more than one reason to drink a cup of tea. Lemon tea, with its tangy and sublime flavour, has always been the favourite of all. Preparing a lemon tea is as easy as it can get. Once you are well-versed with the base recipe, you can add innovations to the flavours and experiment with its profile.
There is an N number of variants that can be prepared with lemon tea. The above mentioned were the best of three you must never miss in your life. These are some of the easy to prepare lemon tea recipes that you can easily try in your kitchen.
Next time when you are craving for a hot cup of lemon tea, you have three amazing options to try!